High Tauern National Park & Kitzbühel Alps
Full day guide service
Experience the beauty of the Tyrolean and Salzburg mountains on a day trip to the Zillertal and to the Krimml Waterfalls. On this tour we will take you through the Kitzbühel Alps, romantic valleys, little villages and the legendary sports town of Kitzbühel.
On request we can arrange transportation for you.
Ziller Valley & Gerlos Alpine Road
During our excursion we discover the Ziller Valley (Zillertal), which is one of Tyrol´s most traditional and at the same time one of its most active regions.
From Zell am Ziller, the spectacular Gerlos Alpine Road heads uphill towards Gerlos and the 1.628 m high Gerlos Pass.
Having arrived at the Durlaßboden reservoir at an altitude of 1.400 m, take a breather to enjoy the mountain panorama of the Zillertal Alps.
Krimml Waterfalls in the High Tauern National Park
After arriving at the bus parking in Krimml, an easy 15-minute walk to the foot of the Krimml Waterfalls awaits us.
Impressive, mystical and unique: with its three drop stages and a total drop height of 380 m, the Krimml Waterfalls in Salzburg's Pinzgau region are among the largest waterfalls in Europe. An overwhelming spectacle of nature!
Our journey continues along the High Tauern National Park to Mittersill, the secret capital of the National Park. The small town not only lives up to this designation due to its location in the middle of the National Park, but it is also the seat of the National Park administration as well as the most modern National Park visitor centre (National Park Worlds).
From Mittersill we head over the Pass Thurn - it connects Salzburg's Pinzgau with Tyrol - and finally reach Kitzbühel, the so-called “Chamois Town” (Gamsstadt), which we discover while driving through or during a short stop.
We return to the Inn Valley via the Brixen Valley.
Other places of interest in the Ziller Valley:
- Zillertal Steam Train - a nostalgic experience of all senses, from a time when travelling by train was still an adventure. The railway is regarded as one of the most famous of the narrow-gauge railways still in operation.
- The FeuerWerk – HolzErlebnisWelt (World of Wood) in Fügen is one of the most modern and economical biomass heating power plants in Europe. Visitors gain impressive technical insights and learn interesting facts about green electricity and pellet production, district heating, the history of wood and climate change.
- The Zillertal Beer Brewery, which has been in existence since 1500, is now also open to visitors! As part of an exciting, multimedia tour at the BrauKunstHaus, visitors have the opportunity to learn more about the art of brewing beer and the long tradition of the Zillertal Beer Brewery.
- The World of Candles in Schlitters - experience the art of candle making first hand.
- ErlebnisSennerei Zillertal Dairy in Mayrhofen - gain insights about the processing of valuable hay milk into butter, cheese and other dairy products.