Mozart's Birthplace - The Sound of Music - Hellbrunn Palace - Salzkammergut
Full day guide service
With us you will experience Salzburg and the Salzkammergut from its most beautiful side. Our journey takes us to Salzburg, the city of Mozart, and to the sights in the surrounding countryside. Hellbrunn Palace promises a unique experience with many surprises. Scenic and historical highlights await us in the Salzkammergut.
On request we can arrange transportation for you.
Salzburg – UNESCO World Heritage
The Mozart and Festival City Salzburg is a fascinating city with a significant cultural heritage. With its spacious squares, numerous churches and Italian Baroque-influenced architecture, the city is often referred to as the “Rome of the North”. In 1996, Salzburg´s old town was added to the World Heritage List.
On our walking tour we will discover the key sights of Salzburg's Old Town:
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens
- the Getreidegasse with its hand wrought-iron inn and guild signs
- Mozart's Birthplace
- the Benedictine St. Peter’s Abbey
- the Hohensalzburg Fortress
- the Residence of the Prince-Archbishops of Salzburg
- the impressive Salzburg Cathedral
“The Sound of Music”
“The Sound of Music” was filmed at various locations in and around Salzburg. Here are some of the places we will discover during our tour:
- the Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and the children danced around the fountain and sang "Do-Re-Mi"
- the Old Town of Salzburg with the Residence Fountain, St. Peter's District, Herbert von Karajan Square and the Horse Pond and much more
- the Hellbrunn Palace and Gardens with the relocated Gazebo where the famous love scenes and songs from the movie were filmed, such as “The Sound of Music”, “Sixteen Going On Seventeen” and “Something Good”
In the afternoon, Salzburg's alleys invite you to stroll and linger, or how about a visit to Hellbrunn Palace?
Experience this unique cultural jewel which is to be found nowhere else in this form. The water automats, grottos and trick fountains at Hellbrunn Palace offer a pleasant cool-down, especially on hot summer days.
Salzkammergut Lake Region
The Salzkammergut owes its scenic charm to its unique location between the Alps and the Alpine Foreland and its 76 lakes.
In the course of a day trip or a tour across Austria, we will guide you to the most popular places in the Salzkammergut:
- Gilgen and St. Wolfgang at Lake Wolfgang
- The imperial Villa in Bad Ischl
- Hallstatt (UNESCO-World Heritage Region)…